Application Deadline: Feb. 18.
- Cover letter and full curriculum vitae. The selection committee considers whether the applicant has demonstrated a commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented minorities, increasing cross-racial understanding or serving as an advocate for minority students. Please describe briefly your qualifications in this regard, citing specific examples if possible. In your curriculum vitae, please include any honors, fellowships, teaching experience, other employment, and languages.
- A completed application form.
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from your dissertation advisor. Each referee you select should be familiar with your academic experience and ability and with your dissertation proposal. Each should address your qualifications and interests both as a researcher and as a teacher.
- Abstract of dissertation prospectus. Be concise, no more than one page.
- Proposed plan for completion of dissertation. In no more than one page, describe your plan for completing the dissertation. Address directly how the Fellowship year at Dartmouth will be of assistance to you.
- Statement of academic career goals. In no more than two pages, describe your goals for future research and teaching. Address directly how the Fellowship year at Dartmouth will be of assistance to you in achieving your career goals.
- Official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Please submit ALL application materials together in one package.
Submit all materials to:
Dissertation Fellowship Committee
37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 6062, Room 437
Hanover, NH 03755-1419
Applications must be received by 12 noon on February 18.