Directions to Dartmouth College
Directions to Hanover, New Hampshire
From the Boston Area (~2.5 Hours)
- Take I-93 north to I-89 north at Concord, N.H.
- Get off I-89 at Exit 18 in Lebanon, N.H. onto Route 120. (A sign says that it is the exit for Dartmouth College.)
- Bear right off the exit, heading north on Rt. 120 into Hanover.
- 4.1 miles from the exit, Rt. 120 forks at a traffic light.
- Bear right at the fork, following Rt. 120 one-half mile on South Park Street to the second traffic light.
- Turn left at the light, onto East Wheelock Street.
- Follow East Wheelock for two-tenths of a mile, when you will come to the Hopkins Center (left) and the Dartmouth Green (right).
From Burlington, Vt. (~1.5 Hours)
- Take I-89 south to I-91 north in White River Junction, Vt. See following description.
From New York (~5 Hours), Southern New England and Points South
- Take I-91 north to exit 13 at Norwich, Vt.
- Bear right off the exit, across the Ledyard Bridge spanning the Connecticut River.
- Continue up the hill (West Wheelock Street) to the top of the hill and to the traffic light in the center of town — nine-tenths of a mile from the interstate exit.
- To your left at the light is the Dartmouth Green; to your right is the Hanover Inn.
Lebanon (N.H.) Municipal Airport, 10 miles from the Dartmouth campus, is served by several daily flights from New York (LaGuardia), Boston (Logan) and Philadelphia International airports. Consult your travel agent for connection information. Manchester, N.H., Airport is 90 minutes south, with bus service to Hanover from Manchester.
Amtrak's "Vermonter" service from Washington and New York arrives daily in nearby White River Junction, Vt.
Vermont Transit (802) 295-3011 has several buses from various points arriving daily in White River Junction, Vt., with connections to the Dartmouth campus. Call for information. Dartmouth Coach offers daily service from the Dartmouth campus to Boston's South Station and Logan Airport and to New York City.