COVID Testing Guidelines for Guarini Grad Students
1. All incoming and returning graduate students will need to be tested as soon as possible following their arrival in the area (ideally days 0 and 7). This must happen during the required 14-day quarantine period and before accessing Dartmouth buildings or congested outside areas on campus. Sachem Village, South Street, and North Park apartments are treated considered to be off-campus.
2. Graduate students who never left the area, or who have returned and been on campus for more than 14-days will need to undergo one-time testing.
3. Walk-in testing is no longer available and has switched to weekly surveillance testing. Please schedule a time for your test here: https://health-clinics.dartmouth.edu/
Testing costs are covered by Dartmouth regardless of whether students are on Dartmouth's health plan or a private plan.
4. Following testing, students will be notified directly by email within 24-48 hours if the test results are negative. Students who test positive will be contacted by a medical provider and provided with medical recommendations and instructions on the next steps.
5. Programs will establish and maintain a list of students who need to be tested under these guidelines and follow-up with students to ensure that they have been tested at the appropriate intervals, prior to allowing the students access to on-campus activities. Students can notify their departments of a negative result as a confirmation of being tested.
6. Once students are cleared to return to campus (after negative test results and the necessary quarantine period), they will need to complete the Dartgo.org/TSA screening application each day that they have on-campus activities at Dartmouth's Hanover or Lebanon (DHMC) campuses.
Dick's House Testing FAQ
Can students park in front of Dick's house for 15 minutes to test? (Maynard lot) yes, in the visitor/pharmacy spots
Can you share details of the COVID-19 testing procedure? It's a mid turbinate swab; a q-tip midway in the nose, swirl it around a couple of times then put it in the specimen tube for shipping.
Turnaround time for results? 24-48 hours
How will the test results be communicated? Students with a negative test result are emailed directly
What happens if someone tests positive? Students who test positive will be contacted by a medical provider and provided with medical recommendations and provided with instructions on the next steps.
What happens if someone tests negative? They should continue to remain in self-quarantine for the full 14 days.