External fellowships and funding sources can be found on several external databases. Here we list a few that are worth searching that may have opportunities not posted to the InfoEd database.
Grants.gov is the main portal for federal funding and houses information on over 1,000 grant programs and vets grant applications for federal grant-making agencies.
is the funding data resource for students, post-docs, faculty, academic staff, and other professionals. As a SPIN user, you have access to a comprehensive warehouse of funding opportunities.
SPIN is funded by the Office of Sponsored Projects.
How to use it:
All Dartmouth College users must first establish a Profile.
- Select Need to create a new profile
- Select Dartmouth College as the Institution
- Complete the Profile Request form
- An email with the Profile Request information will be reviewed and approved by a Dartmouth College OSP SPIN administrator.
- New users will receive email notification that their Profile has been approved. This email will have a link to set up a unique password for future use.
- Once this process is complete, users will be able to sign in and access functionality such as saving searches and activating SMARTS (email) notifications for funding opportunities.
Returning Dartmouth College users may log in using the InfoEd Login Page.