Funds for Thesis Research
The Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies, through the generosity of our alumni, has funds available to support the research of our current graduate students.
- Currently enrolled graduate students, engaged in thesis research at Dartmouth College can apply for an Alumni Research Award during the spring term of each calendar year. (Deadline: May 6) Please submit the application to the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies, 64 College Street, Hanover NH. HB6062, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The maximum amount of each award will be limited to $1,000.00, but no more than $500.00 of this can be used for travel. A detailed budget is required.
- Requests for travel to attend a scientific meeting or to purchase computers, peripherals, or other forms of laboratory equipment will not be considered.
Your application must include the following:
- A letter of support from your advisor
- A one-page description of your research
- A detailed budget proposal for the award funds. The award is designed to enhance your thesis research activity, and as such, your request must propose something that you might not readily accomplish otherwise.
Some examples are: provide access to a library archive to examine an original manuscript; provide access to a specialized item of equipment not available at Dartmouth; provide payment for additional subjects; perform field work at a distant site that might add an interesting perspective to data collected from your existing, local field site(s).
Recipients of Guarini Alumni Research Awards will be required to submit to the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies a one page synopsis of the activity they conducted with their award within 30 days of completion of their funded project. You can see a list of previous award recipients, and read about their work, here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies, 64 College Street, Hanover NH.