FUNDS FOR GRADUATE STUDENT VETERAN UNPAID/LOW PAID INTERNSHIPS
- Dartmouth graduate students (including PhD candidates) currently enrolled in one of The School of Graduate and Advanced Studies programs who are veterans, active duty personnel, or reserve personnel from any of the 7 uniformed services – US Army, US Marine Corps, US Navy, US Air Force, US Coast Guard, NOAA, or Public Health Service. Veterans of non-US military service may also apply.
- Applicants may apply for funding for unpaid/low paid internships for Fall, Spring, Winter, or Summer Terms, pending availability of funding. Deadlines are as follows: 1. Fall – August 1; 2. Winter – Dec 1; 3. Spring – Feb 1; 4. Summer – May 1.
- Please submit the application by email to Kerry Landers. The School of Graduate and Advanced Studies will recommend award recipients and amounts to the DUSA Scholarship Committee who will select the final winners.
Your application must include the following:
- Completed application form which includes:
- A one-page description of your unpaid/low paid internship
- A detailed budget proposal for the award funds. The fund is intended to help graduate student veterans/active duty personnel/reserve personnel secure unpaid/low paid internships that they may not otherwise be able to pursue due to the unpaid/low paid status of the internship. Funds should be earmarked for necessary items such as transport, food, lodging.
- Letter of Recommendation; e.g. from a Dartmouth professor, advisor, former employer/supervisor, or alumnus/alumna.
- Recipients of this award will be required to submit a one-page synopsis of the internship experience within 30 days of completion of their funded project.
- The School of Graduate and Advanced Studies will issue the funding directly to the graduate student. Receipts may be required.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kerry Landers or set up an appointment at The School of Graduate and Advanced Studies, 37 Dewey Field Road, Hanover, NH 03755.